- 1 Is Bible journaling disrespectful?
- 2 What is a good journaling Bible?
- 3 How do you successfully read the Bible?
- 4 How do you pray through journaling?
- 5 Is it wrong to paint a Bible?
- 6 Can you put stickers on a Bible?
- 7 Which version of Bible should I read?
- 8 Which version of Bible is best?
- 9 How should you study the Bible?
- 10 What is a good Bible for beginners?
- 11 Is the Bible a good read?
- 12 Should you read the Bible front to back?
- 13 What do you write in a spiritual journal?
- 14 How do I start a faith journal?
- 15 Can you write down your prayers?
Is Bible journaling disrespectful?
It Is Disrespectful and Dishonoring
Some people believe that writing in their Bible dishonors God. However, things get a bit dangerous when that belief leads to accusing other Christians of not honoring God or being deceived by Satan because they do write (or draw) in their Bible (see above).
What is a good journaling Bible?
So what Journaling Bible do I get?
- NIV Zondervan- Beautiful Word Coloring Bible.
- Crossway ESV Interleaved Journaling Bible.
- Crossway ESV Double Column Journaling Bible.
How do you successfully read the Bible?
A good alternative approach is to read the entire New Testament and then the Old Testament, skipping past the parts that are too detailed. Keep in mind there are many ways to explore the Bible — studies of a topic, a theme, a character, studies of a book, a chapter, a single word.
How do you pray through journaling?
Prayer Journal Template
- Praise God.
- Write out your specific needs today.
- Ask God for guidance on all the decisions you need to make this week, listing them out for him to guide.
- Pray over those in your life that you want to grow close to God.
- Pray for something you know you need God to help you learn.
Is it wrong to paint a Bible?
It’s OK to write in and on. If it makes you feel any better, some of the most beautiful bibles and biblical texts were illuminated by monks and nuns who chose to paint not just on the covers but all over the pages of the bibles they were copying.
Can you put stickers on a Bible?
There’s no problem with putting something on top of a Bible or handling it with your left hand or throwing it away when it becomes unusable. Jews and Christians don’t idolize a physical book. The Word within the Bible is important but the book itself is nothing sacred.
Which version of Bible should I read?
English Standard Version – ESV
Written in modern English, making it easier to comprehend. Written is a way that makes it perfect for preaching, reading out loud, and even memorizing. Because it’s word for word, it is ideally suited for in-depth study, but still great for everyday reading.
Which version of Bible is best?
More than 450 translations into English have been written. The New Revised Standard Version is the version most commonly preferred by biblical scholars.
- King James Version (55%)
- New International Version (19%)
- New Revised Standard Version (7%)
- New American Bible (6%)
- The Living Bible (5%)
- All other translations (8%)
How should you study the Bible?
Write out ideas or verses or thoughts that come into mind as you read. Think “Who, What, When, Where, Why, How.” Answer every possible question under each category. Compare your findings with what you know the Bible teaches. Then look them over and pray about it.
What is a good Bible for beginners?
- ESV English Standard Version.
- HSCB Holman Christian Standard Bible.
- KJV King James Version.
- NIV New International Version.
- NKJV New King James Version.
- NLT New Living Translation.
Is the Bible a good read?
It is worth reading because it is so influential and important. As to whether it’s any good or not Some of the stories, especially in Genesis and Exodus, are pretty good. It’s a long read that’s worth your time and study but the endless lists of who begot who in the Old Testament get a little tiring.
Should you read the Bible front to back?
It’s definitely worth reading the Bible from front to back. When you read through the Old Testament you can see it pointing to Jesus in many of the scriptures, and you can get an understanding of just how much God loves us, but also how much He hates sin.
What do you write in a spiritual journal?
If you want try journaling as a part of your spiritual practice, here are a few writing prompts to help you get started:
- For self-discovery. What do I really love about my life?
- For self-care. What soothes and calms me?
- For fun. Who are my favorite people to be with?
- For daily check-In.
- For spiritual guidance.
How do I start a faith journal?
Take prayer out of your head and put it on paper.
Write out your prayers as a bullet list (this makes them easy to review later) Fold your paper in half and write your prayer on one side of the paper, ask God to speak to you, and then free write on the other side as inspired words come to you.
Can you write down your prayers?
Write your prayers down. In a journal, on a piece of computer paper, in the margins of your Bible, on a sticky note, across a chalkboard, in your notes app. So you don’t forget them–write down your prayers. Because when you pray and pray and pray, and God answers your prayer, there’s a tendency to forget the fire.