- 1 What do reins mean?
- 2 What does try the reins mean?
- 3 What part of the body is the reins?
- 4 What is another word for reins?
- 5 What are reins used for?
- 6 What does it mean to rein a horse?
- 7 What are the reins in signs?
- 8 What does sleigh mean?
- 9 How do you pronounce the name rein?
- 10 Which word best express the meaning of barbarian?
- 11 What is the opposite of subversion?
- 12 What is the antonym of coercive?
What do reins mean?
1: to control or direct with or as if with reins. 2: to check or stop by or as if by a pull at the reins reined in her horse couldn’t rein his impatience. intransitive verb. 1: to stop or slow up one’s horse or oneself by or as if by pulling the reins.
What does try the reins mean?
: to take control The President-elect will officially take the reins in January.
What part of the body is the reins?
the region of the kidneys, or the lower part of the back. (especially in Biblical use) the seat of the feelings or affections, formerly identified with the kidneys.
What is another word for reins?
In this page you can discover 40 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for rein, like: bridle strap, line, harness, leash, halter, restraint, guide, repress, restrain, slow and stop.
What are reins used for?
Reins are items of horse tack, used to direct a horse or other animal used for riding. They are long straps that can be made of leather, nylon, metal, or other materials, and attach to a bridle via either its bit or its noseband.
What does it mean to rein a horse?
The quick answer is this: the phrase you want is rein in. It’s an equestrian allusion—if you rein in a horse, you pull the reins of the horse—the straps fastened to the bit of a bridle and used by a rider or driver to guide and control the horse—tight so that you control where the horse goes and how fast.
What are the reins in signs?
reins are the vasomotor system, which is the dilating and constricting of the blood vessels. It also governs the lumbar region of the back, the adrenals, kidneys and the skin. Archer-Sagittarius– rules the thighs and hips.
What does sleigh mean?
noun. a light vehicle on runners, usually open and generally horse-drawn, used especially for transporting persons over snow or ice. a sled.
How do you pronounce the name rein?
Traditional IPA: reɪn. 1 syllable: “RAYN”
Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of ‘rein‘:
- Break ‘rein‘ down into sounds: [RAYN] – say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
- Record yourself saying ‘rein‘ in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.
Which word best express the meaning of barbarian?
- The word “barbarian” means “an uncultured or brutish person.”
- Option C: “Uncivilized” means to “(of a place or people) not socially, culturally, or morally advanced.”
- Option A: “Arrogant” means “having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one’s own importance or abilities.”
What is the opposite of subversion?
Opposite of the act or an instance of attempting to weaken or overthrow a government or an institution. compliance. obedience. submission. subordinateness.
What is the antonym of coercive?
Antonyms of COERCIVE
powerless, ductile, accountable, responsible, conditional, compliant, humble, limited, mild, yielding, lowly, contingent, complaisant, gentle, lenient, constitutional, submissive, docile, meek.