- 1 What is the meaning of the name Rachel?
- 2 What is the spiritual meaning of the name Rachel?
- 3 What does Rachel mean in Hebrew?
- 4 Does Rachel mean little lamb?
- 5 What is a nickname for Rachel?
- 6 Is Rachel a pretty name?
- 7 What is the Spanish name for Rachel?
- 8 What can we learn from Rachel in the Bible?
- 9 Is the name Rachel in the Bible?
- 10 What does Jake mean?
- 11 What is the most popular name in the world?
- 12 Is Erin a Welsh name?
- 13 What is the meaning Leah?
- 14 What does Julia mean?
- 15 What is Rachel in Hawaiian?
What is the meaning of the name Rachel?
Meaning:ewe or female sheep. In the Bible, Rachel was the beloved, beautiful wife of Jacob (who met her when she tended sheep, thus “ewe” being the Hebrew name’s meaning) and the mother of Joseph, the future father of Jesus.
What is the spiritual meaning of the name Rachel?
Rachel is a Biblical name that goes back to the Old Testament. It’s derived from the Ancient Hebrew name “Rahel”, meaning “ewe”, “lamb”, or “sheep”. But in Biblical times it certainly was. It symbolizes a special, rare ewe.
What does Rachel mean in Hebrew?
Rachel (Hebrew: רָחֵל, Standard Raḥel Tiberian Rāḫēl, Rāḥēl), meaning “ewe” is a feminine given name. It is best known as the name of Biblical Rachel.
Does Rachel mean little lamb?
In German Baby Names the meaning of the name Rachel is: Lamb.
What is a nickname for Rachel?
- Origin: Hebrew. meaning: “ewe, female sheep”
- Best Nicknames: Rach, Rae, Rae-Rae, Rachie, Raych, Chele, Shelly.
- Variations and Sound Alikes: Rachael, Rachil, Rachell, Raechel, Rachil, Rachell,
- Rachel TV and Movie Quotes: “What happened to Rachel wasn’t chance.”
- Famous people named Rachel or its variations.
Is Rachel a pretty name?
While off its peak, Rachel is still one of the most popular girls’ names starting with R as well as one of the most classic names for girls. Rachel was a US First Lady name, via the wife of Andrew Jackson, and current prominent bearers include Rachels Weisz, Dratch, McAdams, Griffiths, Maddow, Roy, and Zoe.
What is the Spanish name for Rachel?
Wikipedia says (without supporting evidence that “Raquel is a Spanish variation of the name Rachel“.
What can we learn from Rachel in the Bible?
1. Loyalty to one’s spouse is commendable: Rachel was devoted to her husband, Jacob, as was Leah, her sister and co-wife. When Jacob complained about Laban’s cheating and mistreatment, they supported and helped him in the family’s secret escape from their hometown in Mesopotamia. “14.
Is the name Rachel in the Bible?
Rachel, in Genesis, the first book of the Hebrew Bible, one of the two wives of the patriarch Jacob. Forced to serve Rachel’s father, Laban, for seven years to win her, Jacob was tricked at the end of that time into marrying her sister, Leah.
What does Jake mean?
The name Jake is a boy’s name of Hebrew origin meaning “supplanter”. This unpretentious, accessible, and optimistic (“everything’s jake” — meaning OK) short form of the top name Jacob is itself widely used, though more parents these days are opting for the full name Jacob.
What is the most popular name in the world?
Top Names Over the Last 100 Years
Is Erin a Welsh name?
Erin is one of the Welsh names for Ireland.
What is the meaning Leah?
The name can be traced back to the Biblical matriarch, Leah, one of the two wives of Jacob, who is described as having lucky life, so the meaning of “Leah” is ‘a beautiful place that has never been seen’ and ‘lucky’.
What does Julia mean?
Meaning:youthful or Jove’s child. Julia is the feminine form of the old Roman family name Julius, but it still sounds fresh and fashionable and at home in any era. Julia came into vogue in the 18th century and remains a classical baby name choice for girls.
What is Rachel in Hawaiian?
Lahela is a Hawaiian form of Rachel. Rachel originates in Hebrew language and means “sheep’s friend”.