- 1 What does the word verdant mean?
- 2 How do you use verdant?
- 3 What does ensnared mean in the Bible?
- 4 What does the word biblical mean?
- 5 What does picturesque mean in English?
- 6 What does cloistered mean?
- 7 What is the opposite of verdant?
- 8 What is verdant green?
- 9 What does Verdancy mean?
- 10 What does ensnaring mean?
- 11 What does enshrined mean?
- 12 What means faintest?
- 13 What does stranger mean in the Bible?
- 14 Why is Jesus referred to as the word?
- 15 What are the most important books of the Bible to read?
What does the word verdant mean?
1a: green in tint or color. b: green with growing plants verdant fields.
How do you use verdant?
Verdant sentence example
- Verdant forests stretched to the steely sky, a swath of green, brown, and grey.
- The man with verdant eyes stood beside him, watching her.
- The whole effect of the grim castle, the silvery stream and the verdant woods makes one of the most striking scenes in Belgium.
What does ensnared mean in the Bible?
to catch or trap in a snare. to trap or gain power over someone by dishonest or underhand means.
What does the word biblical mean?
1: of, relating to, or being in accord with the Bible (see bible sense 1) a biblical passage biblical references. 2: suggestive of the Bible or Bible times his biblical beard.
What does picturesque mean in English?
1a: resembling a picture: suggesting a painted scene. b: charming or quaint in appearance. 2: evoking mental images: vivid.
What does cloistered mean?
1: being or living in or as if in a cloister cloistered nuns. 2: providing shelter from contact with the outside world the cloistered atmosphere of a small college the cloistered life of the monastery.
What is the opposite of verdant?
Antonyms of VERDANT
desert, cultured, elegant, bleak, arid, sere, unproductive, well-bred, dying, scarce, urban, dry, waterless, polished, polite, parched, leafless, urbane, accomplished, depleted, refined.
What is verdant green?
: a moderate yellow green that is yellower and less strong than average pea green, yellower and duller than apple green (see apple green sense 1), and greener and lighter than average moss green.
What does Verdancy mean?
Definitions of verdancy. noun. the lush appearance of flourishing vegetation. synonyms: greenness, verdure.
What does ensnaring mean?
transitive verb.: to take in or as if in a snare.
What does enshrined mean?
transitive verb. 1: to enclose in or as if in a shrine. 2: to preserve or cherish as sacred.
What means faintest?
adj. adj. 1. lacking brightness, vividness, clearness, loudness, strength, etc. 2.
What does stranger mean in the Bible?
In the Bible a category of person (ger), is roughly translated as. stranger, as in: When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall do him no wrong. The. stranger who sojourns with you shall be to you as the native among you and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Why is Jesus referred to as the word?
Jesus Christ not only gives God’s Word to us humans; he is the Word. The Logos is God, begotten and therefore distinguishable from the Father, but, being God, of the same substance (essence). This was decreed at the First Council of Constantinople (381).
What are the most important books of the Bible to read?
For first time readers of the Bible I would recommend starting with the Luke, then Acts, Genesis, Exodus, John, Page 3 begin Psalms (a few each time you read several chapters in another book) and Proverbs (one chapter each time you read several chapters in another book); Deuteronomy, Romans, (After reading the above, a