- 1 Who all obeyed God in the Bible?
- 2 Who was obedient in the Bible?
- 3 Who should we obey according to the Bible?
- 4 What the Bible says about obeying God?
- 5 What is obedience of God?
- 6 How did David Obey God?
- 7 Why is obedience so important to God?
- 8 How do you show obedience to God?
- 9 What is the full meaning of obedience?
- 10 What does God promise if we obey him?
- 11 What Who is God?
- 12 Where in the Bible is obedience is better than sacrifice?
- 13 Is the will of God?
- 14 What is sacrifice in the Bible?
- 15 What are God’s commands?
Who all obeyed God in the Bible?
Examples of People Who Obeyed God’s Will
- Gad. Deuteronomy 33:21. He (Gad) provided the first part for himself, Because a lawgiver’s portion was reserved there.
- David. 1 Samuel:13:14. But now your kingdom shall not continue.
- Cyrus. Isaiah 44:28-45:1. 44:28 Who says of Cyrus, ‘He is My shepherd,
- Paul. Acts 18:21; 21:14. 18:21
Who was obedient in the Bible?
examples of obedience in the bible
- ABRAHAM OBEDIENCE TO SACRIFICE ISAAC. Abraham obedience to God to sacrifice Isaac his only son while at age 99 is our first examples of obedience in the bible.
- NOAH’S OBEDIENCE TO GOD.
- PAUL OBEDIENCE TO HEAVENLY VISION.
- DANIEL REFUSE TO DEFILE HIMSELF WITH THE KING MEAL.
- MOSES REMOVE HIS SHOES AT THE BURNING BUSH.
Who should we obey according to the Bible?
Jesus also tells us in John 14:23 that in the same act of love for him, we must comply with whatever God has commanded for it is our duty to do so. “Jesus replied, ‘Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”
What the Bible says about obeying God?
Explore what the Bible says about obedience
Deuteronomy 11:26-28 sums it up like this: “Obey and you will be blessed. Disobey and you will be cursed.” In the New Testament, we learn through the example of Jesus Christ that believers are called to a life of obedience.
What is obedience of God?
Biblical obedience to God means to hear, trust, submit and surrender to God and His word. According to Mary Fairchild in “Learn Religions,” in the story of the Ten Commandments, we see just how important the concept of obedience is to God. Deuteronomy 11:26-28 sums it up like this: “Obey and you will be blessed.
How did David Obey God?
He had obeyed God by killing Goliath. Everyone was happy except for one person – King Saul. King Saul started to get jealous of David. Then after a while, King Saul’s jealousy turned to hatred.
Why is obedience so important to God?
Why is that? One answer is that God is calling us to obedience and relationship with him through obedience. By obeying his call to take care of this earth we learn more about him and can grow in understanding of his heart and desires for our lives. Obedience also leads to personal growth.
How do you show obedience to God?
Confessing your sins daily, repenting against yourself and knowing God loves you and has forgiven your sins daily. Read 1 John and Romans. Visiting a Bible believing, a Jesus and Gospel filled church, a truth loving church and person loving is a great way to learn more about God and meet to people to encourage you.
What is the full meaning of obedience?
noun. the state or quality of being obedient. the act or practice of obeying; dutiful or submissive compliance: Military service demands obedience from its members. a sphere of authority or jurisdiction, especially ecclesiastical.
What does God promise if we obey him?
God has linked trust in him, i.e. faith, with obedience. All of God’s promises are conditioned upon our following His directions. If we obey what He says, then He promises that He‘ll save us, watch over us, take care of us, and give to us our needs.
What Who is God?
God, in monotheistic thought, is conceived of as the supreme being, creator, and principal object of faith. God is usually conceived of as being omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all-knowing), omnipresent (all-present) and omnibenevolent (all-good) as well as having an eternal and necessary existence.
Where in the Bible is obedience is better than sacrifice?
1 Samuel 15:22-23 “Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams.
Is the will of God?
The will of God or divine will is the concept of a God having a will (i.e. particular desire) for humanity. Ascribing a volition or a plan to a God generally implies a personal God (God regarded as a person with mind, emotions, will). It is often conflated with God’s plan.
What is sacrifice in the Bible?
When dealing with the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament), early Judaism, and early Christianity, and their wider cultural worlds, “sacrifice” is best defined as the ritualized slaughter of animals and the processing of their bodies in relation to supernatural forces (especially gods).
What are God’s commands?
|You shall have no other gods before me||2||1|
|You shall not make for yourself an idol and worship it||2|
|You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God||3||3|
|Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy||4||4|