- 1 How do you cite the Bible MLA works cited?
- 2 How do you cite the Bible in a paper?
- 3 Do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
- 4 How do I cite the Bible in APA?
- 5 How do you do a work cited page?
- 6 How do you cite the book of Job?
- 7 How do I cite Bible Gateway?
- 8 How do you cite the NIV Bible?
- 9 How do u cite a website?
- 10 How do you cite the New Living Bible in APA?
How do you cite the Bible MLA works cited?
Title of the Bible, Version. Editor, Publisher, Year. The first time you cite the Bible in-text, include the name of the version of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s). For subsequent references, simply include the book, chapter, and verse.
How do you cite the Bible in a paper?
You do not need to include the Bible in your bibliography. When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor.
Do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
Including biblical citations in your reference page is new to APA format 7th edition. The Bible and other religious texts fall under the “classical works” designation for the APA editorial style. Prior to the 7th edition, you only had to make an in-text citation when using the Bible.
How do I cite the Bible in APA?
To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation.
How to cite the Bible in APA Style.
|Format||Bible Version Title. (Year). Publisher. URL|
|Reference entry||English Standard Version Bible. (2001). ESV Online. https://esv.literalword.com/|
How do you do a work cited page?
Format of the Works Cited page
- Title the page Works Cited, centred and in plain text (no italics, bold or underline).
- Alphabetize the entries by the author’s last name.
- Use left alignment and double line spacing (no extra space between entries).
- Use a hanging indent on entries that run over one line.
How do you cite the book of Job?
MLA (7th ed.)
Scheindlin, Raymond P. The Book of Job. New York: W.W. Norton, 1998. Print.
How do I cite Bible Gateway?
Bible Gateway, www.biblegateway.com/versions/New- International-Version-NIV-Bible/ Wright, N.T., translator. The Kingdom New Testament: A Contemporary Translation. 1st ed., Harper One, 2011. (usually the title of the edition), followed by a comma, and then the passage.
How do you cite the NIV Bible?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information. Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible: Example: Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev. ed.).
How do u cite a website?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite the New Living Bible in APA?
APA (6th ed.)
Tyndale House Publishers. (2004). Holy Bible: New Living Translation. Wheaton, Ill: Tyndale House Publishers.