- 1 What’s a good scripture for comfort?
- 2 What are good Bible verses for funerals?
- 3 What is a good prayer for someone dying?
- 4 What is an uplifting Bible verse?
- 5 What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
- 6 What does God say about not going to a funeral?
- 7 What is a prayer of comfort at a funeral?
- 8 What to say to a dying person?
- 9 Can you smell death before a person dies?
- 10 How do you pray for someone dying of cancer?
- 11 What does Psalm 27 say?
- 12 What is the most important Bible verse?
- 13 What is God’s message for me today?
What’s a good scripture for comfort?
Here are 10 Bible verses with words that have the power to give that comfort.
- Job 5:11 The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
- Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
What are good Bible verses for funerals?
What are the most popular funeral Bible readings?
- Romans 8:35, 37- 39. Who will separate us from the love of Christ?
- John 14:1-3. Do not let your hearts be troubled.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-4.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17.
- Job 19:23-27.
- Revelation 21:1-7.
- Matthew 11:28-30.
- John 3:16.
What is a good prayer for someone dying?
“God, thank you for being with us right now. God, we thank you that you never leave us, that you never forsake us, but you love us. We trust you, and pray this in your name. Amen.”
What is an uplifting Bible verse?
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Jesus is our hope. When we hope and have faith in Him, He renews our strength.
What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
What does God say about not going to a funeral?
The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:8 that “to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.” It is a testimony to our family and friends that we believe our deceased loved ones are not in the casket. A Christian funeral should not be focused solely on the body of the person who died.
What is a prayer of comfort at a funeral?
Wipe away every tear and comfort our hearts, dear God. Give us relief from our distress and fill our hearts with great joy. Overshadow us with your presence that we may be joyful as we celebrate a life well-lived. Cover us under your canopy of love and peace.
What to say to a dying person?
- Don’t say, “It’s going to be OK”
- But do say something.
- Do make clear that you’ll be there for them.
- Do be careful about saying, “I’ll pray for you”
- Do try to create a semblance of normalcy.
- Do ask how they’re doing — today.
- Do be a good listener.
- Don’t get squirmy at the end.
Can you smell death before a person dies?
In general, death only has a scent under certain circumstances and conditions. Dr. Jawn, M.D. notes that, “for the most part, there is no smell that precipitates death, and there is no smell immediately after death.”
How do you pray for someone dying of cancer?
Father God, we humbly pray for all those who are fighting cancer. Give them the hope and courage they need each day. Comfort them in their pain and bless them with healing. Strengthen their family, friends, and caregivers.
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 1
The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
What is the most important Bible verse?
Salvation. For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.
What is God’s message for me today?
Love, acceptance, and affirmation. God’s message for me today is that I am freed so that I might work with God in this field called Earth. So God’s message for me today is that starts with the fact that I am free in Christ, by the Blood and the Cross of Jesus.