- 1 What does the word relent mean in the Bible?
- 2 What does do not relent mean?
- 3 What is the synonym of relent?
- 4 How do you use relent in a sentence?
- 5 Does relent mean?
- 6 What does slog mean?
- 7 What is the meaning of tempestuous?
- 8 What does stubbornness mean?
- 9 What does retort mean?
- 10 What is relent used for?
- 11 What does it mean to give way?
- 12 What is the opposite of relent?
- 13 What does Scimitar mean?
What does the word relent mean in the Bible?
Verb(1) give in, as to influence or pressure.
What does do not relent mean?
Often, you’ll hear the adjective relentless used to describe someone who won’t relent: “The firemen refused to relent; they banged relentlessly on the door until I woke up.” Definitions of relent. verb. give in, as to influence or pressure. synonyms: soften, yield.
What is the synonym of relent?
Some common synonyms of relent are capitulate, defer, submit, succumb, and yield.
How do you use relent in a sentence?
Relent sentence example
- I’m sure if he sees how important this is to you, he’ll relent.
- Never give up against stronger opponents but never relent against weaker ones.
- But if proven wrong, most will relent and run the job over again.
- relent on the issue.
Does relent mean?
intransitive verb. 1a: to become less severe, harsh, or strict usually from reasons of humanity. b: to cease resistance: give in. 2: let up, slacken.
What does slog mean?
(Entry 1 of 2) transitive verb. 1: to hit hard: beat. 2: to plod (one’s way) perseveringly especially against difficulty.
What is the meaning of tempestuous?
: of, relating to, or resembling a tempest: turbulent, stormy tempestuous weather a tempestuous relationship.
What does stubbornness mean?
adjective. unreasonably obstinate; obstinately unmoving: a stubborn child. fixed or set in purpose or opinion; resolute: a stubborn opponent of foreign aid. obstinately maintained, as a course of action: a stubborn resistance. difficult to manage or suppress: a stubborn horse; a stubborn pain.
What does retort mean?
1: to pay or hurl back: return retort an insult. 2a: to make a reply to.
What is relent used for?
Relent Tablet is a combination medicine containing Ambroxol and Cetirizine. It is used to treat a cough with mucus. It relieves symptoms like itching, sneezing, runny or stuffy nose, cough, congestion.
What does it mean to give way?
Definitions of give way. verb. move in order to make room for someone for something. synonyms: ease up, give, move over, yield abandon, give up. stop maintaining or insisting on; of ideas or claims.
What is the opposite of relent?
Opposite of to give up one’s resistance against an enemy or opponent. resist. harden. advance. ascend.
What does Scimitar mean?
: a saber having a curved blade with the edge on the convex side and used chiefly by Arabs and Turks.