- 1 What does the Bible say about considering others?
- 2 What does the Bible say about advocating for others?
- 3 What does the Bible say about helping strangers?
- 4 What values does the Bible teach?
- 5 Which is the greatest commandment?
- 6 Who wrote the book of Philippians?
- 7 Can Christians defend themselves?
- 8 What does the Bible say about being too generous?
- 9 What did God say about hypocrites?
- 10 What does Jesus say about strangers?
- 11 Why is it important to help others?
- 12 What does the Bible say about having compassion for others?
- 13 What are the main principles of Christianity?
- 14 What are God’s values?
- 15 What are the morals of Christianity?
What does the Bible say about considering others?
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
What does the Bible say about advocating for others?
Proverbs 31:8-9 (NIV)
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.”
What does the Bible say about helping strangers?
“Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done.” The Good News: In many ways, the mere act of being charitable is its own reward. But as this verse notes, being compassionate to people who are less fortunate is also something that God will reward.
What values does the Bible teach?
A List of Christian Values
- Generosity – This is the core Christian value of being kind and unselfish, especially with our money and time.
- Courage– The value is characterized by boldness and confidence.
- Love – Love is a fundamental characteristic of who God is and it’s a value that is to describe His children as well.
Which is the greatest commandment?
New Testament accounts
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Who wrote the book of Philippians?
Paul the Apostle to the Philippians, abbreviation Philippians, eleventh book of the New Testament, written by St. Paul the Apostle to the Christian congregation he had established in Philippi. It was penned while he was in prison, probably at Rome or Ephesus, about 62 ce.
Can Christians defend themselves?
Correia often invokes Scripture to argue that in the event of an attack, a Christian has a right to self-defense. He pointed to the book of Nehemiah, contending that the biblical figure encouraged private citizens to arm themselves in self-defense while rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem.
What does the Bible say about being too generous?
2 Corinthians 9:10-15
You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you.
What did God say about hypocrites?
For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
What does Jesus say about strangers?
“When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt” (Lev. 19:33-34).
Why is it important to help others?
Helping others is not only good for them and a good thing to do, it also makes us happier and healthier too. Giving also connects us to others, creating stronger communities and helping to build a happier society for everyone. And it’s not all about money – we can also give our time, ideas and energy.
What does the Bible say about having compassion for others?
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” “But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.”
What are the main principles of Christianity?
Some of the main themes that Jesus taught, which Christians later embraced, include:
- Love God.
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Forgive others who have wronged you.
- Love your enemies.
- Ask God for forgiveness of your sins.
- Jesus is the Messiah and was given the authority to forgive others.
- Repentance of sins is essential.
What are God’s values?
The Bible describes God as holy, pure, good, righteous, just, merciful, trustworthy, faithful – a God of grace and love.
What are the morals of Christianity?
Christian ethics emphasizes morality. The law and the commandments are set within the context of devotion to God but are deontological standards defining what this morality is. The prophets of the Old Testament show God as rejecting all unrighteousness and injustice and commending those who live moral lives.