- 1 How do you cite a study Bible?
- 2 How do you cite the Bible in MLA format?
- 3 How do you cite a study?
- 4 Do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
- 5 How do you cite the Bible in a paper?
- 6 How do you parenthetically cite the Bible?
- 7 How do you do a work cited page?
- 8 How do you cite an online Bible?
- 9 How do you cite the book of Job?
- 10 How do you reference examples?
- 11 How do you write a reference example?
- 12 How do you cite a work?
- 13 Do you have to cite the Bible in APA?
- 14 How do you cite the Bible in APA 6th edition?
- 15 How do you cite the King James Bible in APA?
How do you cite a study Bible?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information. Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible: Example: Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev. ed.).
How do you cite the Bible in MLA format?
Refer to these basic formats to cite biblical references in your MLA citations. Title of the Bible, Version. Editor, Publisher, Year. The first time you cite the Bible in-text, include the name of the version of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s).
How do you cite a study?
Basic format to reference an online case study
- Author or authors. The surname is followed by first initials.
- Year of publication.
- Case study title, in italics.
- Date viewed.
- URL <in angled brackets>.
Do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
Including biblical citations in your reference page is new to APA format 7th edition. The Bible and other religious texts fall under the “classical works” designation for the APA editorial style. Prior to the 7th edition, you only had to make an in-text citation when using the Bible.
How do you cite the Bible in a paper?
You do not need to include the Bible in your bibliography. When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor.
How do you parenthetically cite the Bible?
Parenthetical Citations: The first time you reference a version of the Bible, in the in-text citations, give the name of the edition (italicized), followed by a comma and the abbreviated book (see back of handout), chapter, and verse. Use a period, not a colon, between the chapter and verse: John 3.16.
How do you do a work cited page?
Format of the Works Cited page
- Title the page Works Cited, centred and in plain text (no italics, bold or underline).
- Alphabetize the entries by the author’s last name.
- Use left alignment and double line spacing (no extra space between entries).
- Use a hanging indent on entries that run over one line.
How do you cite an online Bible?
Works Cited Citation for an Online Version of the Bible
Note that you only need to create one reference page citation for every web page you cite from the same online Bible (MLA Style Center). Format: Bible Title. Title of Website/Organization, full URL.
How do you cite the book of Job?
MLA (7th ed.)
Scheindlin, Raymond P. The Book of Job. New York: W.W. Norton, 1998. Print.
How do you reference examples?
APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).
How do you write a reference example?
- Author/Editor (if it is an editor always put (ed.)
- Title (this should be in italics)
- Series title and number (if part of a series)
- Edition (if not the first edition)
- Place of publication (if there is more than one place listed, use the first named)
- Year of publication.
How do you cite a work?
The first time you cite a source, it is almost always a good idea to mention its author(s), title, and genre (book, article, or web page, etc.). If the source is central to your work, you may want to introduce it in a separate sentence or two, summarizing its importance and main ideas.
Do you have to cite the Bible in APA?
Do I need to include the Bible in my reference list in APA Style? Yes, in the 7th edition of APA Style, versions of the Bible are treated much like other books; you should include the edition you used in your reference list. Page numbers are not used in Bible citations.
How do you cite the Bible in APA 6th edition?
- Reference list. Title. ( Date of Publication). Publisher. (
- Reference for an online Bible. Title. ( Date of Publication).
- Examples from an edition of the New International Version with abbreviated title. Narrative citation first time cited. The Holy Bible: New International Version [NIV] (1978/1983, John 3:16)
How do you cite the King James Bible in APA?
APA: Translation, Year, Book Chapter: Verse(s)
For APA, you include the Bible and date of publication “as cited in” then the citation information. “Quote” (King James Version, 1604, as cited in Smith, 2020).