- 1 What is the Bible verse Matthew 4 19?
- 2 Where did Jesus say come follow me?
- 3 Which Bible verse will guide you in 2020?
- 4 Where in the Bible does it say to support your leaders?
- 5 What is 4/20 in the Bible?
- 6 What does Matthew 4 17 say?
- 7 What did Jesus mean by follow me?
- 8 What does it mean to follow in Jesus footsteps?
- 9 How do you follow God?
- 10 What is a good Scripture for strength?
- 11 What does the Bible say about new beginnings?
- 12 What God says about 2021?
- 13 What does Jesus say about leadership?
- 14 What the Bible says about honoring your pastor?
- 15 How do you honor your spiritual leaders?
What is the Bible verse Matthew 4 19?
In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Where did Jesus say come follow me?
“As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. ‘Come, follow me, Jesus said, and I will make you fishers of men. ‘ At once they left their nets and followed him.” Matthew 4:18-20 NIV.
Which Bible verse will guide you in 2020?
Isaiah 40:31 | Trust In The Lord, Strength In God
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary.
Where in the Bible does it say to support your leaders?
In Romans 13:1-7, Paul says, Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
What is 4/20 in the Bible?
Matthew 4:20 is the twentieth verse of the fourth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament. Jesus has just begun preaching in Galilee and has encountered the fishermen Simon Peter and Andrew. He has called them to join him as “fishers of men,” and in this verse the pair take up his offer.
What does Matthew 4 17 say?
‘ For repentance corrects the will; and if ye will not repent through fear of evil, at least ye may for the pleasure of good things; hence He says, the kingdom of heaven is at hand; that is, the blessings of the heavenly kingdom.
What did Jesus mean by follow me?
Jesus‘ call to follow him is more than an invitation to pray a prayer. It is a summons to lose your life and find new life and ultimate joy in him. Jesus‘ call to follow him is more than an invitation to pray a prayer. It is a summons to lose your life and find new life and ultimate joy in him.
What does it mean to follow in Jesus footsteps?
If we would follow in the footsteps of the Lord, those steps will lead us to and thru the waters of baptism. Not only do we follow His literal example of submitting to baptism, but in Romans 6, the apostle Paul shows us how we beautifully imitate our Lord in another way during the sacred transaction.
How do you follow God?
Following God’s Plan for Your Life:
- Be in prayer. A way to know that you are following God’s plan for your life is by being in prayer.
- Be actively reading in the Word.
- Follow the commands He puts on your heart.
- Seek a godly community.
- Obey the Truth.
What is a good Scripture for strength?
Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.
What does the Bible say about new beginnings?
Spiritual New Beginnings
2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” I love the excitement of this verse! When we become Christians, we are completely new creations.
What God says about 2021?
What is God Saying for the Year 2021? If there is anything the year 2020 taught us, it is that “It is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of the Lord that showeth mercy.”
What does Jesus say about leadership?
“A good leader seeks the Lord, commits his way to the Lord and the Lord establishes the next steps.”
What the Bible says about honoring your pastor?
Scripture on honoring your pastor: “And now, friends, we ask you to honor those leaders, who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love” 1 Thessalonians 5: 12.
How do you honor your spiritual leaders?
8 Ways to Honor Your Leader
- Pray – a huge one.
- Encourage- lift your leaders up in public, and critique them in private.
- Confront- if you see something out of whack, tell them.
- Serve- be willing to carry the load.
- Trust- incredibly important.
- Understand- know what drives them, what motivates them, and also what frustrates them.