- 1 What are all the commandments in the Bible?
- 2 What are the 12 Commandments?
- 3 What are the 14 Commandments?
- 4 How many commandments are in the Bible?
- 5 What did Jesus say about the 10 Commandments?
- 6 What is the difference between the 10 Commandments in Exodus and Deuteronomy?
- 7 What are the 2 greatest commandments?
- 8 Is there an 11th commandment?
- 9 Are the Catholic 10 commandments different?
- 10 What are the 15 Commandments?
- 11 What did Jesus say about the law?
- 12 What happened to the broken tablets of the Ten Commandments?
- 13 Who does the Bible say will not go to heaven?
- 14 Are the 10 commandments the law of God?
- 15 What are the 613 commandments called?
What are all the commandments in the Bible?
Thou knowest the commandments: Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor thy father and mother. We expect Jesus to recite the entire Decalogue.
What are the 12 Commandments?
The ten commandments, in order, are:
- “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any strange gods before Me.”
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”
- “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.”
- “Honor thy father and mother.”
- “Thou shalt not kill.”
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
What are the 14 Commandments?
- You shall not deny a God a universal currency.¹
- You shall not deny a God a demurrage-bearing account in such currency.²
- You shall not deny a God good food for nourishment and health.
- You shall not deny a God of His/Her possessions.
- You shall not deny a God access to clean drinking water.³
How many commandments are in the Bible?
Significance of 613
The Talmud notes that the Hebrew numerical value (gematria) of the word Torah is 611, and combining Moses’s 611 commandments with the first two of the Ten Commandments which were the only ones heard directly from God, adds up to 613.
What did Jesus say about the 10 Commandments?
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
What is the difference between the 10 Commandments in Exodus and Deuteronomy?
The two versions are different. For example, Exodus states: Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy. Exodus opens in chapter 20: “God spoke all these words, saying.” Deuteronomy 5 similarly states, “Face to face the LORD spoke to you on the mountain out of the fire.”
What are the 2 greatest commandments?
Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
Is there an 11th commandment?
The 11th Commandment has already been given in the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus was asked, “Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law?” His response, “Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and all thy soul, and all thy mind.” This is the same as the first commandment of having only one God.
Are the Catholic 10 commandments different?
Protestants generally separate the two and make them their first and second commandments. Notwithstanding different numerical designations, Jews, Catholics and Protestants all end up with a total of 10 commandments. All believe, as well, that God gave Moses the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai.
What are the 15 Commandments?
- Thou Shalt write understandably.
- Thou Shalt use short simple declarative sentences…
- Thou Shalt prefer the familiar word.
- Thou Shalt write short, one-thought paragraphs.
- Thou Shalt write concisely.
- Thou Shalt put action in your verbs.
- Thou Shalt be precise.
- Thou Shalt use specifics rather than generalities.
What did Jesus say about the law?
The World English Bible translates the passage as: “Don’t think that I came to destroy the law or the. prophets. I didn’t come to destroy, but to fulfill.”
What happened to the broken tablets of the Ten Commandments?
Michaels said the the tablet’s home was either destroyed by the Romans between 400 and 600 AD, or by the Crusaders in the 11th century, and that the stone had lain buried in the rubble of the ruins for centuries before its discovery near Yavneh.
Who does the Bible say will not go to heaven?
He then who does not confess Christ, or does not walk according to His word, shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Chrysostom: He said not he that doth My will, but the will of my Father, for it was fit so to adapt it in the mean while to their weakness.
Are the 10 commandments the law of God?
The Ten Commandments are a set of rules or laws. The Bible says that God gave them to the people of Israel. Countries which follow those religions have some of the commandments as part of their Civil laws. Sometimes these rules are also called Decalogue (from Greek, can be translated as ten statements).
What are the 613 commandments called?
The most well-known of these laws are the Ten Commandments, but the Torah contains a total of 613 commandments or mitzvah covering many aspects of daily life, including family, personal hygiene and diet.