- 1 What does the word entreated mean in the Bible?
- 2 What does it mean to be easy to be entreated?
- 3 What is another word for entreat in the context of this sentence?
- 4 What does the word entreating mean in the context of this sentence?
- 5 What does Intreated mean?
- 6 How do you use entreaty in a sentence?
- 7 What is long suffering?
- 8 What does willing to yield mean?
- 9 What means fickle?
- 10 What does earnestly mean?
- 11 What does hearkens mean?
- 12 What does famished mean?
What does the word entreated mean in the Bible?
to ask (a person) earnestly; beseech; implore; beg: to entreat the judge for mercy.
What does it mean to be easy to be entreated?
To entreat is to “ask someone earnestly or anxiously to do something.” When someone entreats you, they really need your help. I’ve thought today about what I can do to make it easier for people to entreat me. Here are my thoughts: When one of my children asks me for help, I am often in the middle of something.
What is another word for entreat in the context of this sentence?
Frequently Asked Questions About entreat
Some common synonyms of entreat are adjure, beg, beseech, implore, importune, and supplicate. While all these words mean “to ask urgently,” entreat implies an effort to persuade or to overcome resistance.
What does the word entreating mean in the context of this sentence?
to make an important request; ask for. Examples of Entreat in a sentence. 1. I entreat you to donate some time tomorrow for our neighborhood clean-up program.
What does Intreated mean?
(ɛnˈtrit) 1. to ask (a person) earnestly; beseech; implore; beg. 2. to ask earnestly for (something). 3. to make an earnest request or petition.
How do you use entreaty in a sentence?
Entreaty sentence example
- His face expressed entreaty, agitation, and ecstasy.
- The last -that we hear of him is his humble entreaty to the Apostles to pray for him.
What is long suffering?
: patiently enduring lasting offense or hardship.
What does willing to yield mean?
: tending to do or willing to do what other people want.: producing an indicated amount of something.
What means fickle?
: marked by lack of steadfastness, constancy, or stability: given to erratic changeableness.
What does earnestly mean?
: in an earnest and serious manner: not lightly, casually, or flippantly speaking earnestly asking earnestly for forgiveness providing the relief that they had earnestly hoped for She spoke so earnestly, with such emotion in her voice, that Omakayas was always to remember that moment …—
What does hearkens mean?
transitive verb. archaic: to give heed to: hear.
What does famished mean?
: intensely hungry also: needy sense 1.