- 1 What does the name Denise mean?
- 2 What is a nickname for Denise?
- 3 Is Denise a rare name?
- 4 Is Denise a black name?
- 5 Is Denise a saint name?
- 6 What year was the name Denise most popular?
- 7 What does the name Dolly mean for a girl?
- 8 What does Denise mean in Turkish?
- 9 What is a unique girl name?
- 10 Is Dennis a boy or girl name?
- 11 What does the name Deborah mean?
- 12 What is wrong with Denise Black Hand?
- 13 Is Denise Black married?
- 14 Did Denise marry Ken Barlow?
What does the name Denise mean?
Denise is a female given name. It is one of the female forms of the name Dennis. Dionysus is the Greek god of wine, and the name Denise means “to be devoted to Bacchus.”
What is a nickname for Denise?
- Origin: French. Meaning: “follower of Dionysus”
- Best Nicknames: Deney, Deni, Denni, Dennie, Denny, Dinnie,
- Variations and Sound Alikes: Denese, Denice, Deniece, Denisa, Denissa, Denisse,
- Denise TV and Movie Quotes: “You don’t get it, do you Denise?”
- Famous people named Denise or its variations.
Is Denise a rare name?
The popular song of 1963 by Randy and the Rainbows – Oh Denise, made a rare name have a short run of popularity. It is more common today for Denise to be a middle name. It’s a nice name.
Is Denise a black name?
The race and Hispanic origin distribution of the people with the name DENISE is 77.5% White, 6.8% Hispanic origin, 12.3% Black, 1.4% Asian or Pacific Islander, 1.4% Two or More Races, and 0.6% American Indian or Alaskan Native.
Is Denise a saint name?
Saint Denise (234–250) is a Catholic saint and martyr of the 3rd century. While Roman Emperor Philip the Arab had tolerated Christianity, his successor Decius persecuted Christians violently.
What year was the name Denise most popular?
Denise has been used in the United States ever since 1882, with over 373926 girls given the name in the past 200 years. Denise gained the most popularity as a baby name in 1951, when it’s usage went up by 170.62%.
What does the name Dolly mean for a girl?
Dolly as a girl’s name is of English origin meaning “gift of God”. It is often the short form of Dorothy.
What does Denise mean in Turkish?
Deniz is a Turkish given name meaning “sea”. It is used for both females and males. Originally, Deniz was a masculine name. In a Turkish legend, the oldest Turkish ruler (Khan) Oğuz had six sons.
What is a unique girl name?
If you would like something pretty sounding, these unique baby girl names will fit the bill.
- Annalise. A combination of the name Anna and Lise, it’s simple, pretty, and unique.
Is Dennis a boy or girl name?
The name Dennis is a boy’s name of French origin. Although it has come to sound Irish, Dennis is one of the most widely-used French names (St. Denis is the patron saint of France) and harks back even further to Dionysius, the Greek god of wine and debauchery.
What does the name Deborah mean?
Deborah (Hebrew: דְבוֹרָה) is a feminine given name derived from דבורה D’vorah, a Hebrew word meaning “bee”. Deborah was a heroine and prophetess in the Old Testament Book of Judges. In the United States, the name was most popular from 1950 to 1970, when it was among the 20 most popular names for girls.
What is wrong with Denise Black Hand?
Black appeared in Emmerdale as Joanie Wright between June and November 2013. Denise was born with a condition that caused her fingers to deform and cross over each other.
Is Denise Black married?
Denise lives in Brighton with husband Paul Sand. Denise met vocal coach Paul while with the Actor’s Touring Company and again in La Pasionaria. They have two children – Sam, born in 1988, and Dandy, born in 1991.
Did Denise marry Ken Barlow?
Ken has a relationship with hairdresser Denise Osbourne (Denise Black) in 1994 and fathers her child; their son Daniel (Lewis Harney) is born in 1995. Denise agrees to marry Ken, but is having an affair with her brother-in-law Brian Dunkley (Benny Young) at the same time.