- 1 What’s a good scripture for comfort?
- 2 How do you encourage a bereaved person?
- 3 How do you comfort a grieving family?
- 4 What is an uplifting Bible verse?
- 5 What scriptures emphasize God’s comfort and compassion for the hurting and brokenhearted?
- 6 What are the most comforting words?
- 7 What is a good sympathy message?
- 8 How do you comfort someone?
- 9 What to say to comfort someone who lost a loved one?
- 10 How do you comfort someone who lost a loved one over text?
- 11 What not to say to someone who is grieving?
- 12 What does Psalm 27 say?
- 13 What is the most important Bible verse?
- 14 What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
What’s a good scripture for comfort?
Here are 10 Bible verses with words that have the power to give that comfort.
- Job 5:11 The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
- Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
How do you encourage a bereaved person?
The Right Words of Comfort for Someone Grieving
- I’m sorry.
- I care about you.
- He/she will be dearly missed.
- He/she is in my thoughts and prayers.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- You are important to me.
- My condolences.
- I hope you find some peace today.
How do you comfort a grieving family?
5. Be willing to “go there” with them
- Be present for the tears, anger, and outbursts without judgment.
- Sit in silence.
- Talk about the person who died – say their name, share memories, bring them up.
- Just let the bereaved person cry.
- Offer validation and/or normalize the experience.
What is an uplifting Bible verse?
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Jesus is our hope. When we hope and have faith in Him, He renews our strength.
What scriptures emphasize God’s comfort and compassion for the hurting and brokenhearted?
Psalm 147:3 says, “He heals the brokenhearted, and bind up their wounds.” Psalm 51, the most honest confession of personal sin in the Bible, ends with these words to God: “You will not despise this broken and crushed heart.”
What are the most comforting words?
Comforting Words for Hard Times
- “Dawn Will Come.” Really.
- “Worrying Won’t Do Us Any Good.”
- “Let’s Consider the Positive Things.”
- “Recognize the Challenge and Do Something About It.”
- “Things Won’t Always Be This Bad.”
- “Don’t Give Up.”
- “Hope Can Never Be Taken Away.”
- “Do Something to Help Others.”
What is a good sympathy message?
Common Sympathy Card Messages
“I am so sorry for your loss.” “My deepest sympathy for your loss.” “Words fail to express my deep sorrow for your loss.” “My heart goes out to you and your family.”
How do you comfort someone?
How Do We Comfort Someone?
- 1. “ Witness their feelings”
- Affirm that their feelings make sense.
- Draw out their feelings inorder to better understand what they feel.
- Don’t minimize their pain or focus only on cheering them up.
- Offer physical affection if appropriate.
- Affirm your support and commitment.
What to say to comfort someone who lost a loved one?
What to Say
- There are no words to tell you how sorry I am.
- I am so sad to hear about your loss.
- John brought so much joy to everyone around him.
- My favorite memory of your grandfather was that time we made ice cream in his back yard.
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I wish I could take away your pain.
How do you comfort someone who lost a loved one over text?
Examples of Mourning Texts
- Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you, praying for you, and grieving with you.
- I’m here if you ever need to talk.
- My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.
- Can I bring you anything?
- I’m sorry for your loss.
- Just wanted to share my favorite photo of [name] with you.
What not to say to someone who is grieving?
- “How are you doing?”
- “You’ll be okay after a while.”
- “I understand how you feel.”
- “You shouldn’t feel that way.”
- “Stop crying.”
- “At least he’s in a better place; his suffering is over.”
- “At least she lived a long life, many people die young.”
- “She brought this on herself.”
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 1
The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
What is the most important Bible verse?
Salvation. For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.
What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”