- 1 How do you cite the King James Bible in APA?
- 2 How do I cite the Bible?
- 3 How do you cite a religious text in APA?
- 4 How do you cite the NIV Bible in APA?
- 5 How do you reference the Bible Harvard?
- 6 How do you parenthetically cite the Bible?
- 7 How do you cite an online Bible?
- 8 How do you cite the book of Job?
- 9 How do you cite a religious text?
- 10 How do you cite a website in APA 7th edition?
- 11 How do you cite the Dhammapada?
- 12 What does NIV mean?
- 13 How do you do APA format?
How do you cite the King James Bible in APA?
For APA, you include the Bible and date of publication “as cited in” then the citation information. “Quote” (King James Version, 1604, as cited in Smith, 2020).
How do I cite the Bible?
You do not need to include the Bible in your bibliography. When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor.
How do you cite a religious text in APA?
APA referencing doesn’t use standard citations for religious or classical texts. Instead, you simply need to specify the version the first time you mention it: In the Bible (King James Version), food plays a major role.
How do you cite the NIV Bible in APA?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information. Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible: Example: Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev. ed.).
How do you reference the Bible Harvard?
To be made up of:
- Book of the Bible.
- Chapter: verse.
- Holy Bible (not in italics).
- Version of the Holy Bible.
How do you parenthetically cite the Bible?
Parenthetical Citations: The first time you reference a version of the Bible, in the in-text citations, give the name of the edition (italicized), followed by a comma and the abbreviated book (see back of handout), chapter, and verse. Use a period, not a colon, between the chapter and verse: John 3.16.
How do you cite an online Bible?
Works Cited Citation for an Online Version of the Bible
Note that you only need to create one reference page citation for every web page you cite from the same online Bible (MLA Style Center). Format: Bible Title. Title of Website/Organization, full URL.
How do you cite the book of Job?
MLA (7th ed.)
Scheindlin, Raymond P. The Book of Job. New York: W.W. Norton, 1998. Print.
How do you cite a religious text?
Editor statement, First Name Last Name of Editor, Publisher, Year of publication. The New Jerusalem Bible. General editor, Henry Wansbrough, Doubleday, 1985. Note: The titles of books of scripture are often abbreviated for the in-text citation.
How do you cite a website in APA 7th edition?
- Author(s). Note: List each author’s last name and initials as Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C.
- (Year, Month Date). Note: Read more about date formats from the APA Style website.
- Title of page or section. Note: Italicize the title of the page.
How do you cite the Dhammapada?
MLA (7th ed.)
Easwaran, Eknath. The Dhammapada. London: Arkana, 1987.
What does NIV mean?
One of the Bible’s most popular translations is the NIV (New International Versions) and newer versions, like the ESV (English Standard Version) also sell remarkably well.
How do you do APA format?
APA Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.