- 1 What does Jesus say about love in the Bible?
- 2 What are the 4 types of love in the Bible?
- 3 What is the spiritual meaning of love?
- 4 What Scripture says that God is love?
- 5 How do you describe Jesus love?
- 6 Does God say he loves us in the Bible?
- 7 What are the 7 types of love?
- 8 What is the highest form of love?
- 9 What are the major types of love?
- 10 What are the 3 levels of love?
- 11 How do you attract love spiritually?
- 12 What is the meaning of true love?
- 13 What is God’s love called?
- 14 What are 3 characteristics of God?
- 15 What is God’s greatest expression of love for us?
What does Jesus say about love in the Bible?
In John 14:15, Jesus states, “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” and John 14:23 reconfirms that: “If a man love me, he will keep my word”. The dual aspect to the above is Jesus‘ commandment to his followers to love one another.
What are the 4 types of love in the Bible?
The four loves
- Storge – empathy bond.
- Philia – friend bond.
- Eros – romantic love.
- Agape – unconditional “God” love.
What is the spiritual meaning of love?
Spiritual love is when you want to connect with the person, mind-wise, body-wise, and to the soul. You want to be close to the person all the time. When you are together, you feel a passion that you have never felt before. It is like a love spell that has been cast upon you.
What Scripture says that God is love?
“God is love” (1 John 4:8) is a favorite Bible verse about love. 1 John 4:16 is a similar verse also containing the words “God is love.”
How do you describe Jesus love?
Jesus Love is the purest love known to man. John 15:13 describes such a pure and unfiltered love: Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
Does God say he loves us in the Bible?
The Good News: Jesus loves us, just as God the Father loved him; in this truth we can rest secure and at peace. The Good News: Though we be sinners, Christ sacrificed his life and suffered on the cross for us. The Good News: Faith and love go hand in hand, as does our love for God and His love for us.
What are the 7 types of love?
What Are The 7 Types of Love?
- Eros: Love of the body. This type of love illustrates sexual attraction, physical desire towards others, and a lack of control.
- Philia: Affectionate love.
- Storge: Love of the Child.
- Agape: Selfless Love.
- Ludus: Playful Love.
- Pragma: Long-lasting Love.
- Philautia: Love of the Self.
What is the highest form of love?
Philia is the highest form of love because it is a two-way road, unlike eros and agape.
What are the major types of love?
Meet the 8 Different Types of Love
- Philia — Affectionate Love. Philia is love without romantic attraction and occurs between friends or family members.
- Pragma — Enduring Love.
- Storge — Familiar Love.
- Eros — Romantic Love.
- Ludus — Playful Love.
- Mania — Obsessive Love.
- Philautia — Self Love.
- Agape — Selfless Love.
What are the 3 levels of love?
The 3 Stages of Love
- Stage 1: Lust.
- Stage 2: Attraction.
- Stage 3: Attachment.
How do you attract love spiritually?
5 Practices to Attract Love Spiritually
- Get to know yourself. The most important step in finding the right kind of person and relationship for you is getting to know full well who you are and what you truly want in life.
- Purify the Mind and Heart.
- Make Eye Contact.
- Be the Kind of Person You Envision.
- Don’t Quit.
What is the meaning of true love?
Filters. True love is a strong and lasting affection between spouses or lovers who are in a happy, passionate and fulfilling relationship. An example of true love is the emotion shared between a couple who has been married for 40 years and who are still passionate about each other and care deeply for each other.
What is God’s love called?
Agape, Greek agapē, in the New Testament, the fatherly love of God for humans, as well as the human reciprocal love for God. In Scripture, the transcendent agape love is the highest form of love and is contrasted with eros, or erotic love, and philia, or brotherly love.
What are 3 characteristics of God?
In Western (Christian) thought, God is traditionally described as a being that possesses at least three necessary properties: omniscience (all-knowing), omnipotence (all-powerful), and omnibenevolence (supremely good). In other words, God knows everything, has the power to do anything, and is perfectly good.
What is God’s greatest expression of love for us?
“The Holy Communion, known also as the Lord’s Supper, represents the greatest expression of God’s love for His people.