- 1 What does Psalms 27 say?
- 2 What’s a good scripture for comfort?
- 3 How do you pray for someone who has lost a loved one?
- 4 What does the Bible say about grief and depression?
- 5 What does God say in times of trouble?
- 6 What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
- 7 What is a good Bible verse for stress?
- 8 What is a good prayer for someone having surgery?
- 9 What is a good Bible verse for a broken heart?
- 10 How do you comfort someone who lost a loved one over text?
- 11 How do you find peace after losing a loved one?
- 12 How do you say my deepest condolences?
- 13 What to say to someone who is grieving?
- 14 How do you comfort someone who is grieving?
- 15 Is grieving a sin?
What does Psalms 27 say?
Psalm 27 1
The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
What’s a good scripture for comfort?
Here are 10 Bible verses with words that have the power to give that comfort.
- Job 5:11 The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
- Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
How do you pray for someone who has lost a loved one?
Prayer for Loss
Please keep and carry these precious people in their sadness and loss. Cover them with your great wings of love, give their weary hearts rest and their minds sound sleep. Lord, lift their eyes so that they may catch a glimpse of eternity, and be comforted by the promise of heaven.
What does the Bible say about grief and depression?
Depression, sorrow, grief is for an appointed time. We have seasons of abundance and seasons of loss. I love what the Psalmist says: “Weeping may endure the night, but joy comes in the morning.” (Psalm 30:5) The good news is this: this season of your life is temporary. One day, it won’t hurt like this.
What does God say in times of trouble?
Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 34:10b Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Isaiah 26: 3-4 Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you.
What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
What is a good Bible verse for stress?
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” “The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”
What is a good prayer for someone having surgery?
Prayer to Pray Before Surgery
Please guide the surgeon’s hand as they perform the task that is set before them. Give them wisdom in every decision they make and help me to rely on You for strength. Let me feel Your presence go with me as I go into the doctor’s office today. Be with me as You have promised.
What is a good Bible verse for a broken heart?
“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” The Good News: Though you may feel defeated, God is closer than you realize. He is always with you and can heal your heart. “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
How do you comfort someone who lost a loved one over text?
Examples of Mourning Texts
- Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you, praying for you, and grieving with you.
- I’m here if you ever need to talk.
- My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.
- Can I bring you anything?
- I’m sorry for your loss.
- Just wanted to share my favorite photo of [name] with you.
How do you find peace after losing a loved one?
Knowing these steps can help you to work through your grief over the loss of a loved one.
- Step 1: Allow the feelings. Coping with the loss of a loved one brings up almost every emotion imaginable.
- Step 2: Gather support.
- Step 3: Allow the grieving process.
- Step 4: Embrace life.
How do you say my deepest condolences?
Immediate Personal Condolences
- I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.
- I’m stunned by this news.
- My heart aches to hear this news.
- I love you and I’m here for you.
- Please know that your friends love you and are here for you.
- I’m so sorry.
- My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
- God bless you and your family.
What to say to someone who is grieving?
The Best Things to Say to Someone in Grief
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
- My favorite memory of your loved one is…
- I am always just a phone call away.
How do you comfort someone who is grieving?
If you can’t think of something to say, just offer eye contact, a squeeze of the hand, or a reassuring hug. Offer your support. Ask what you can do for the grieving person. Offer to help with a specific task, such as helping with funeral arrangements, or just be there to hang out with or as a shoulder to cry on.
Is grieving a sin?
If I allow my heart, mind and soul to focus exclusively on what I’ve lost instead of what I’m promised through Jesus Christ, that is sin. But grief itself is not sin. Sadness is not sin. For a time, especially at the beginning, grief occupied most of my field of vision.