- 1 How do you use bewail in a sentence?
- 2 What does lament mean in the Bible?
- 3 What does it mean to bewail?
- 4 How do you use the word detract in a sentence?
- 5 What does it mean to lament after the Lord?
- 6 Is lament a spiritual discipline?
- 7 Is Psalm 23 a lament Psalm?
- 8 What is the meaning of deplore?
- 9 What does bewildered mean?
- 10 What does distressful mean?
- 11 What does tractable mean?
- 12 What dwindle means?
How do you use bewail in a sentence?
Bewail in a Sentence
- During lunch Matt took the opportunity to bewail the incompetence of his office mates.
- The employees are sure to bewail the extended Sunday business hours.
- After fighting with her spouse, Jill called her mother to bewail her unhappy marriage.
What does lament mean in the Bible?
Lament is defined as to feel loss, sorrow or regret, often expressed in a physical way. An example of a lament is The Book of Lamentations in the Old Testament of the Bible.
What does it mean to bewail?
transitive verb. 1: to wail over. 2: to express deep sorrow for usually by wailing and lamentation.
How do you use the word detract in a sentence?
Detract in a Sentence
- More than likely the poor traffic will detract from the enjoyment of our road trip.
- Even the clouds could not detract from the joy the bride and groom felt during their outdoor wedding.
- While Kurt thinks his glasses detract from his appearance, I think he looks very handsome in his spectacles.
What does it mean to lament after the Lord?
Lament is a tool that God’s people use to navigate pain and suffering. Lament is vital prayer for the people of God because it enables them to petition for God to help deliver from distress, suffering, and pain. Lament prayer is designed to persuade God to act on the sufferer’s behalf.
Is lament a spiritual discipline?
Like other Christian practices such as fasting, medita- tion on Scripture, communion, etc., lament is a spiritual discipline in that its regular practice shapes us in the developmental pathways of our faith.
Is Psalm 23 a lament Psalm?
Even if you have never read the Bible, you are probably familiar with some of the Psalms. For example, Psalm 23 is one of the most famous poems in history.
What is the meaning of deplore?
transitive verb. 1a: to feel or express grief for deplore the death of a friend. b: to regret strongly deplore my own actions. 2: to consider unfortunate or deserving of deprecation many critics deplore his methods.
What does bewildered mean?
: deeply or utterly confused or perplexed I was appalled and was too bewildered to do or say anything.— Bram Stoker He looked at her with a bewildered expression.
What does distressful mean?
: causing distress: full of distress.
What does tractable mean?
1: capable of being easily led, taught, or controlled: docile a tractable horse. 2: easily handled, managed, or wrought: malleable.
What dwindle means?
intransitive verb.: to become steadily less: shrink Their savings dwindled to nothing. a dwindling population.