- 1 What does dissimulation mean?
- 2 What is the synonym of dissimulation?
- 3 How do you use dissimulation in a sentence?
- 4 What does the word biblical mean?
- 5 What is the best meaning of dissimulation?
- 6 What vex means?
- 7 What is another word for sufficient?
- 8 What is the meaning of obscurantist?
- 9 Which word is most similar to perfidious?
- 10 How do you use the word profound?
- 11 What is an example of derision?
- 12 What does suavity mean?
- 13 What does stranger mean in the Bible?
- 14 What are the most important books of the Bible to read?
- 15 What does lucre mean in the Bible?
What does dissimulation mean?
transitive verb.: to hide under a false appearance smiled to dissimulate her urgency— Alice Glenday.
What is the synonym of dissimulation?
camouflage (noun) concealment (noun) cover-up (noun) cunning (noun)
How do you use dissimulation in a sentence?
Dissimulation in a Sentence
- Larry’s dissimulation about his homosexuality included a long list of fake girlfriends.
- When I took my mother’s car without permission, I refilled the gas tank and left the car exactly as I found it as part of my dissimulation to avoid being caught.
What does the word biblical mean?
1: of, relating to, or being in accord with the Bible (see bible sense 1) a biblical passage biblical references. 2: suggestive of the Bible or Bible times his biblical beard.
What is the best meaning of dissimulation?
The noun dissimulation describes the act of faking your true feelings. Your dissimulation of happiness might fool strangers but your close friends can tell it’s all an act. The word dissimulation implies that the wool is being pulled over someone’s eyes, or they’re being fooled or tricked by someone’s deceit.
What vex means?
transitive verb. 1a: to bring trouble, distress, or agitation to the restaurant is vexed by slow service. b: to bring physical distress to a headache vexed him all morning.
What is another word for sufficient?
What is another word for sufficient?
What is the meaning of obscurantist?
1: opposition to the spread of knowledge: a policy of withholding knowledge from the general public. 2a: a style (as in literature or art) characterized by deliberate vagueness or abstruseness. b: an act or instance of obscurantism.
Which word is most similar to perfidious?
Synonyms & Antonyms of perfidious
How do you use the word profound?
Profound in a Sentence
- The speaker’s profound words made me think about my future.
- When I heard the minister’s profound sermon, I decided it was time to quit drinking.
- The poem about life after death is a profound piece of literature.
- After Sharon spent an hour meditating, she experienced a profound sense of peace.
What is an example of derision?
The definition of derision is a feeling of deep hatred. An example of derision is the feeling opposing street gangs have for each other. Members of the board held the proposal in derision.
What does suavity mean?
noun, plural suav·i·ties.
a suave or smoothly agreeable quality. suavities, suave or courteous actions or manners; amenities.
What does stranger mean in the Bible?
In the Bible a category of person (ger), is roughly translated as. stranger, as in: When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall do him no wrong. The. stranger who sojourns with you shall be to you as the native among you and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
What are the most important books of the Bible to read?
For first time readers of the Bible I would recommend starting with the Luke, then Acts, Genesis, Exodus, John, Page 3 begin Psalms (a few each time you read several chapters in another book) and Proverbs (one chapter each time you read several chapters in another book); Deuteronomy, Romans, (After reading the above, a
What does lucre mean in the Bible?
Money; originally, money obtained dishonestly. For example, She didn’t like the job but loved the filthy lucre in the form of her weekly paycheck. This term comes from the Bible (Titus 1:11), where it refers to those who teach wrongly for the sake of money.