- 1 How do you use the word hitherto?
- 2 Is hitherto in English word?
- 3 What does suddenly mean in the Bible?
- 4 What part of speech is the word hitherto?
- 5 Is hitherto a formal?
- 6 What is the meaning of amiable?
- 7 What does Hithertofore mean?
- 8 What does baffled mean?
- 9 What is the meaning of protuberant?
- 10 Does the word revival appear in the Bible?
- 11 How many times is glory mentioned in the Bible?
- 12 What is the opposite of hitherto?
- 13 What is the opposite of heretofore?
- 14 What is the meaning of previously?
How do you use the word hitherto?
Hitherto in a Sentence
- Hitherto Jim got married and became a devoted spouse, his greatest pleasure had been picking up women.
- Before John learned to fly an airplane, he had hitherto been afraid of heights.
- Hitherto Carmelo was thought a suspect in his wife’s murder and forbidden to leave town.
Is hitherto in English word?
Meaning of hitherto in English. until now or until a particular time: Mira revealed hitherto unsuspected talents on the dance floor. 4 дня назад
What does suddenly mean in the Bible?
I like the word “suddenly.” God is the God of “suddenly.” In fact, “suddenly” appears in the Bible 87 times. The Bible says that Jesus will “suddenly” return when no one expects it. The Book of Acts has many instances of “suddenly.” “And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent, rushing wind” Acts 2:2.
What part of speech is the word hitherto?
|part of speech:||adverb|
|definition:||until this time; previously. The child hitherto residing with his grandparents will be placed in the custody of his father.|
Is hitherto a formal?
8 Answers. Merriam-Webster Unabridged does not flag hitherto as “archaic.” Macmillan does mark hitherto as “very formal” but it’s by no means outdated. Whoever marked you down for using an “archaic” word is wrong (unless perhaps you were using hitherto in an informal context).
What is the meaning of amiable?
1a: friendly, sociable, and congenial an amiable host amiable neighbors. b: generally agreeable an amiable comedy. 2 archaic: pleasing, admirable.
What does Hithertofore mean?
erenow, so far, thus far; see also Thesaurus:hitherto.
What does baffled mean?
1: extremely confused or puzzled …
What is the meaning of protuberant?
: thrusting out from a surrounding or adjacent surface often as a rounded mass: prominent protuberant eyes. Other Words from protuberant More Example Sentences Learn More about protuberant.
Does the word revival appear in the Bible?
The word ‘revival‘ is not found in the New Testament. Neither Jesus, nor Paul, nor any other Biblical writer encouraged prayer for revival. ‘Revival‘ is a word that developed in the Church’s history, not in the Church’s origin.
How many times is glory mentioned in the Bible?
The word glory is used 148 times in Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers, and from Deuteronomy to Malachi.
What is the opposite of hitherto?
Near Antonyms for hitherto. afterward. (or afterwards), later, subsequently.
What is the opposite of heretofore?
Near Antonyms for heretofore. afterward. (or afterwards), later, subsequently.
What is the meaning of previously?
Princeton’s WordNet. previously, antecedently(adverb) at an earlier time or formerly. “she had previously lived in Chicago”; “he was previously president of a bank”; “better than anything previously proposed”; “a previously unquestioned attitude”; “antecedently arranged”