- 1 What does the Bible say about making choices?
- 2 What does God say about being wise?
- 3 How do you make a wise decision?
- 4 Does God guide our decisions?
- 5 How does God help us make decisions?
- 6 What Scripture talks about free will?
- 7 What God says about your future?
- 8 What does Proverbs say about a wise man?
- 9 Is wisdom a woman in the Bible?
- 10 Why do we need to make wise decisions in life?
- 11 What are wise choices?
- 12 Why do we make choices in life?
- 13 Does God control everything?
- 14 Does God direct your paths?
- 15 How do I know God’s will for my life?
What does the Bible say about making choices?
God allows us to make choices! He tells us to choose to love Him and others, but He gives us the freedom to choose to: Obey Him or not. Choose Him or reject Him.
What does God say about being wise?
The Bible says in Proverbs 4:6-7, “Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.”
How do you make a wise decision?
How to Make Wiser Decisions
- Pay attention to personal motivations.
- Recognize and acknowledge uncertainty and change.
- Consider the broader context.
- Ask yourself if this is the right thing to do.
- Leave emotion out of it.
- Refine focus, eliminating all distractions.
- Be mindful of the setting.
- Consider others’ perspectives.
Does God guide our decisions?
The Holy Spirit of God and Jesus has a place in our decision making. He is our guide, our source of light and the revealer of the way of truth.
How does God help us make decisions?
God’s Word tells us that wisdom originates in him. He is the source and fountain of wisdom. He also gave us his Spirit who is at work in us, helping us to desire wisdom, teaching us the way of wisdom through the Word, and enabling us to walk in it. So when we have a decision to make, we need to turn to God’s Word.
What Scripture talks about free will?
For examples, “free will” is taught in Matthew 23:37 and Revelation 22:17.
What God says about your future?
Our past has changed, because, in God’s eyes, we have no past, only a great future. In Jeremiah 29:11, He says: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
What does Proverbs say about a wise man?
A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps. A wise man fears the LORD and shuns evil, but a fool is hotheaded and reckless. A quick-tempered man does foolish things, and a crafty man is hated. The simple inherit folly, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
Is wisdom a woman in the Bible?
The personification of wisdom, typically as a righteous woman, is a motif found in religious and philosophical texts, most notably in the Book of Proverbs in the Hebrew Bible and other Jewish and Christian texts.
Why do we need to make wise decisions in life?
Brings value. Good decision making is an essential skill. There is a tremendous need for good decision makers in today’s world. When your students improve their decision–making skills, they will increase their value in their future jobs, families and communities.
What are wise choices?
The Wise–Choice Process encourages students to think through their choices in a manner that promotes a deeper understanding of their own actions and the consequences of their choices.
Why do we make choices in life?
Each person has different ideas about what is important and what makes them feel best. Making your own choices about the things you do is very important because it gives your life meaning. Making choices about what is important to you helps you be more independent and in charge of your life.
Does God control everything?
The Bible teaches that God’s sovereignty is an essential aspect of who he is, that he has supreme authority and absolute power over all things. And yes he is very much active, despite our perplexity. Scripture says, God works “all things according to the counsel of his will” (Ephesians 1:11).
Does God direct your paths?
The Bible guides us to: “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Proverbs 3:5, 6).
How do I know God’s will for my life?
Following God’s Plan for Your Life:
- Be in prayer. A way to know that you are following God’s plan for your life is by being in prayer.
- Be actively reading in the Word.
- Follow the commands He puts on your heart.
- Seek a godly community.
- Obey the Truth.